I woke up at 3 AM with an inspired idea.... how to do the bottom of my August page in a way that looked like "glowing embers". Never mind that I really need to put legs on my July Bug... I just had to see if this idea worked like I thought it would.
I took size 8/0 matte black beads and stitched them down with a center selection of silver-lined red, orange and blue Delicas. I was working on this at a weekly bead get-together 3 towns over and kept saying, "see, it's looking just like what I had in mind!" It's always exciting to have an idea come out like what you can see in your mind's eye. Unfortunately, the camera really doesn't pick up those flashes of bright, sparkly color on top of the black beads. I really does look like the last embers of a fire going out.
Now, I really do have to get back to putting legs on my Red and Blue July Bug. I've got 3 days left to finish July and August if I want to catch up.